Traducción automática

El presente sitio Web está traducido a varias lenguas españolas oficiales en sus respectivos territorios, de conformidad con lo establecido en el artículo 3 de la Constitución Española de 1978 y sus Estatutos de Autonomía.

Las lenguas son el catalán, el euskera, gallego, valenciano, inglés y francés. Se advierte que, con carácter general, puede existir un desfase entre la versión en castellano y en las otras lenguas, derivado del proceso de traducción a las mismas.

I entered in prison, may i continue to claim unemployment benefits? Can You collect my spouse for me?

Imagen lectura fácil Lectura fácil

If you have entered prison, you must distinguish whether the prison is preventive or provisional, or, on the contrary, your entry into prison is to serve your sentence.

If it is preventive or provisional detention, the unemployment benefit or subsidy that you were receiving before entering prison is not interrupted. However, you must notify the The Autonomous Community service employment.

If your admission to prison is due to serving a sentence, unemployment benefits will be suspended during the time of the sentence, except in the event that you have family responsibilities and do not have any family income whose amount exceeds the Minimum Wage (SMI)in this case you can request the continuity of your perception, through one of the following means:

  • If you have digital certificate, electronic identity card or Cl@ve username and password you can apply:
  • In person at your office, calling for benefits. The appointment you can apply through worldbridge electronic site SEPE or on the telephone number 919 26 79 70(24-hour service). In this case, an authorized person can submit the request, providing continuity form duly completed and signed by you,along with the corresponding authorization and photocopy of your DNI/NIE and that of the authorized person.
  • You can also submit the request for continuity of the right to collection in the records of any administrative body that belongs to the General Administration of the State, to that of its Autonomous Community, to that of any of the entities that make up the Local Administration, in the offices mail or in any other registry established by current provisions.

Whether the admission is in preventive detention or if it is to serve a sentence and you are recognized as having the right to continue receiving the benefit, if your payment was direct debited to an account of which you are the owner, you will continue to receive payment in the same way without having to make more payments. formalities. But if you charged over the counter, you must authorize someone monthly to charge in your place, providing the DNI/NIE of both of you and the authorization request signed by you and the authorized person.

In both cases, if when you entered prison you were receiving the subsidy, you can request its extension within 15 business days from the end of the recognized period, if it applies to you.

While serving your sentence, you will not be granted new rights, even if you have family responsibilities. Therefore, if you received contributory-level unemployment benefit when you entered prison and you exhaust it while in that situation, you will not be entitled to recognition of the subsidy due to its exhaustion.

In any case, you are obliged to communicate your situation to the Autonomous Community Service employment.